Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Heart Organizing!

One of my favorite things to do is to organize things. I am always organizing something, a closet, a pantry or a shelf! We are a family of 6, living in a home that most would find small. Honestly it doesn't feel small to me, until we go into a larger home! However, I do have to get a little creative sometimes with our storage and organizing.

I am going to try and post a weekly article about organizing. What I use to organize, some creative ways to organize and some complete overhauls!


Okay, ignore the hideous carpet, replacing it is on the list, at the very bottom, right in front of the kitchen re-do.

You have seen this shelf before, it was used in the kitchen and looked like this. But I decided to move it to the front room, to make more room in the kitchen around the table.

I love baskets, tubs and hat boxes, anything that you can organize store things in!

The hat box on the top, below the lamp has my tape rolls, stapler and extra staples in it. The navy blue shelf/cabinet houses my small Boyd Bear ceramics collection. And the cloth container covers up a tissue box.

On the next shelf the decorative box houses all our markers and crayons, the clear tub below that has extra paper in it, from colored to plain white. The flexible basket houses all of our cards, from playing cards, to Uno to Old Maid. Next to that is a basket that holds our coloring books.

The last shelf holds two baskets, one with notebooks, clip-boards and a box of stencils. The other holds kids books. I like to swap out the books by season.

I plan on painting this shelf once it warms up some, I bought a really nice Heirloom White spray to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment